ESCAPE TO 7,000 GATED ACRES…
…with private access to our 18-hole Donald Ross golf course, direct ATV and snowmobile trail access to over 1000 miles of trails, ample secure on-site parking during your stay, hunting, our Chef providing his culinary expertise, three pristine lakes, and miles of private, meandering trails, roads, and paths to explore. The Hale House, which comfortably sleeps 12, awaits.
Contact us to arrange your visit.
Bring your family and immerse yourselves in our majestic wilderness while still enjoying all the comforts of home. Fall foliage here looks like the hills are on fire, wildlife abounds, and we have some of the most un-touched hunting property in northern New Hampshire. Situated on a private lake, this is truly a unique setting ideal for intimate events, outdoor activities, and connecting with each other. Amazing amenities include unlimited golf on our 18-hole private Donald Ross course that has been maintained to ‘winter cut’. It’s a walking course with breathtaking views into Canada and Vermont.
Stay includes all meals, including four-course dinners, prepared and served by our own accredited Chef Gordon paying homage to The Balsams farm-to-table traditions. Dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
Our rustic Hale House, a beautiful lodge, is situated on the picturesque shores of Lake Gloriette and offers seven bedrooms, six- and one-half baths, and an enclosed porch overlooking the lake perfect for morning coffee and dining while watching the sunset reflect off the cliffs hung opposite the lake. The house has a fully equipped chef’s kitchen (with cook’s quarters), dining room, beautiful living room, pub room, and a private office/study. One of the bedrooms has a king-sized bed and ensuite bath, three have queen-sized beds and ensuites, one has a full-size bed and shares a bath with two rooms which have three twin beds between them. The residence and property are of course, dog friendly. If you can tear your eyes away from the gorgeous views from just about every window in the house, there is WIFI and satellite TV available.
You can enjoy the remoteness amidst nature’s most beautiful sights. Pristine hunting exists on the property with an abundance of bear, pheasant, grouse, white-tailed deer, and moose. Want to be active? Enjoy tens of miles of private hiking, biking, or walking trails, or find yourself at one of three small mountain lakes to kayak, canoe, or swim. Rather just relax? Lounge in solitude by a lake, experience birding, fish for native trout, enjoy a quiet lakeside campfire with storytelling and s’mores during the evening, or simply take in stunning views of the Notch while the hummingbirds and loons entertain you. There are several roads throughout the property that are 2-3 miles long and are passable if you have an SUV if you prefer to watch wildlife from the comfort of your vehicle. Some of the land is under conservation and there may be hikers far out on the property, but nowhere near the Hale House or golf course.
If you prefer to fly in, Berlin Regional airport (KBML) is only 40 minutes away. The airport’s elevation is at 1161.3 feet and its dimensions are 5200 by 100 feet.
Sleeps 12 comfortably with 7 bedrooms, 6 baths, 1 half bath
• The Balsams property is being re-imagined by Les Otten, Former Vice-Chairman of the Boston Red Sox and credited with saving Fenway Park.
• For your safety, certain parts of the property that are under deconstruction are off-limits.
• Wi-Fi and satellite TV are available.
• One bedroom has a king bed and ensuite bath, three have queen beds and ensuites.
• Three of the bedrooms have twin (3) or full-sized (1) beds and these share a bath of their own.
• There is a convenience building by the golf course with a bathroom, tables and chairs, and cooler for lunches and there are several pull carts for clubs.
• Linens are all provided.
• The residence and property are dog-friendly.
• All meals are prepared by Chef Gordon, whom Les has worked with for 40 years.
• Please bring your own alcoholic beverages if you desire; we have plenty of glasses and an ice machine.
• The Hale House will be cleaned and sanitized, mindful of best cleaning practices.
• We will not be providing turn-down service during your stay.
• We do not provide personal toiletries.
• Bring your seasonal outside toys and games if you desire.
• There are several kayaks and canoes on-site, and we do have several life vests for use as well (it is best to check with us so that we can accommodate your entire party).
• The three lakes have native freshwater trout, two of which do not require a fishing license.
• You can swim at the sandy beach.
• There is a lakeside firepit just steps from the porch, for evenings telling stories over s’mores.
• There is plenty of secure parking on site for vehicles and trailers.
• The house is non-smoking.
Book your stay by calling us at 603-225-0060, emailing Info@TheBalsamsResort.com, or through the Contact Us form on our website.